EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS (Flood / Hurricane)
A short instructional video explaining the key steps to emergency preparedness, including: being informed, making a plan, building a kit, and getting involved.
PREPARE FOR SEVERE WEATHER
- An emergency kit prepared with supplies. Include things such as:
- Alternate fuel source for heating your home,
- Flashlights and batteries,
- Food that needs no cooking or refrigeration,
- 3 day supply of water,
- Prescription medicines,
- Battery operated radio,
- Flashlights, and
- Cell phone chargers.
- Prepare your car with emergency supplies. Have maintenance service on your vehicle as often as the manufacturer recommends.
- Check batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide monitors.
- Update important documents: insurance information and home inventory. Store them in your emergency kit or a waterproof container.
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH EMERGENCY CHECK LIST
ENGLISH – “Get Prepared, Stay Prepared”
SPANISH – “Prepárese y manténgase preparado”
Please follow these links to find more information regarding what to do before, during, and after a: