Code of Ethics
As an InterNACHI (credentials) & Licensed DPOR (License Lookup Link) inspector, Secure Home Inspection, LLC. takes great pride in going beyond the respective agencies Code of Ethics, making every effort to exceed our clients expectations as it is our goal to ensure that you become a well-informed consumer so that you are enabled to make an informed decision in your purchase.
View the InterNACHI Code of Ethics here.
Standards of Practice
We take our motto, “Your Home, Your Family, Your Trust”, serious, which is why Secure Home Inspection, LLC performs our inspections to InterNACHI Standards of Practice (Spanish or French), as well as the VA Department of Professional & Occupational Regulations.
Knowing the trust that you have put in us, we want to ensure our clients, affiliates, & vendors know that we adhere to InterNACHI’s COVID-19 Safety Guidelines, which are based on OSHA’s infection prevention & industrial hygiene practices & OSHA’s assembled requirements & standards regarding COVID-19.
Secure Home Inspection, LLC.’s employee’s and Inspectors follow the below COVID-19 safety guidelines / precautions and ask that clients also be mindful of the COVID-19 concerns:
- Please do not enter until the agent invites you in;
- IF CLIENT DOES NOT WISH TO ATTEND THE INSPECTION:
- Realtor must provide access to the property. It is highly suggested that the realtor be present during the inspection per local real estate association requirements.
- Our inspector is available by phone or video conference if the client wishes not to attend. The inspector will do a “virtual walk-through” with the client to review findings and answer any questions while the inspector is at the property;
- IF CLIENT WISHES TO ATTEND THE INSPECTION:
- If desired, the inspector can perform the home inspection prior to the client coming to the property, if the realtor is present;
- This enables the inspector to meet with clients and do a walkthrough of the property to review his findings and answer any questions the client may have;
- Prior to the inspection, realtors are typically confirming with the seller and listing agent if any of the home’s occupants has flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath;
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 are not to enter the home;
- Please maintain social distancing of six or more feet apart;
- Please wash your hands or to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer immediately upon entry;
- Please use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, face masks, and shoe covers when applicable;
- Please dispose of your PPE elsewhere; &,
- Please do not touch surfaces, open drawers, or cabinets, & refrain from using the bathrooms.